Question on cell phone stuff

How could I detect the presence of a nearby cell phone? I'm assuming most are sending out a query pulse every millisecond in search of a matching signal that would make them ring. So they are transmitting a signal continuously in human terms. What kind of circuit do I need to develop to detect nearby cell phones? And in so doing come up with a device to detonate the detonators plugged into IEDs and other terrorist bombs?

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Why on earth would they do that? It would be a fantastic waste of bandwidth and power. Idle cell phones do talk to the network, but only every several minutes, not a thousand times a second. The rest of the time it's just listening. The network sends a signal to let it know when to ring.

Put your phone right next to a TV or stereo. You'll can tell from the interference exactly how often it speaks to the network.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton