Cell Phone Remote Control?

I currently use a phone in a remote building.

Call the phone... use X-10 to control heaters of various types. Couldn't be simpler.

Now... I want to get rid of the land phone, replacing it with a cell phone. Family plan, of course.

Can't find anything on the subject.

Simple and dirty method: Simulate the ring voltage into the X-10 box; let it answer with a solenoid to push the "send" button. Pipe the audio into the X-10 box. Right out of the 70's.

What's the elegant solution?

Bill Hale.

Reply to
Bill

Most phones can auto answer with a hands free device.(ear buds etc...) So...

Martin Riddle

Sorry about the slow reply, but the answer is that there is endless variations.

Just what do you have control of in this application?

Reply to
JosephKK

Interesting about the auto answer. That and a tone decoeder could solve the problem.

I want to be able to control 3 separate contact closures. On-Off both states by remote phone. They will ultimately be used to control 3 AC 120v circuits. Bill Hale

Reply to
Bill