carnage

If that didn't work, they would soak a corn cob in turpentine. Then they grabbed the dog by its tail and rub the saturated corn cob across their ass. They would run for the hills, yelping in pain but they never came back. That was better than shooting them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We used to break dogs of chasing cars by driving down the street and shooting them in the face with a water pistol loaded with household ammonia. ...Jim Thompson

The important thing is for the dog to associate the unpleasant stimulus=20 (shock or Citronella or loud ultrasonic sound), with the thing it needs = to=20 avoid. The DW episode I remember most vividly is where Cesar took his = dog=20 Daddy for rattlesnake avoidance training. One of his clients had a GSD = who=20 had gone after a snake and died, so Cesar wanted to make sure his dog = would=20 know to avoid them. Some dogs do so instinctively. The rattlesnake was=20 safely caged, and may have even been defanged, but as soon as Daddy = showed=20 too much interest in the snake, a shock was administered by the trainer = (and=20 not Cesar). After a couple of sessions, he learned to avoid the snakes, = and=20 he also served as a warning for Cesar if they were walking in = rattlesnake=20 country.

Cesar's new Dog Psychology Center is on a ranch in Santa Clarita, CA, = where=20 there may be danger from rattlesnakes and other dangerous creatures. But = I=20 would much rather take my chances there than at his old place in South=20 Central LA, where the humans can be monsters. It's probably not even = safe=20 walking a pack of 40 power breed dogs!

Paul and Muttley

P E Schoen

--
Does the name "Pavlov" ring a bell? ;)
Reply to

--
How can dogs bother livestock with rocksalt? ;)
Reply to

them

so

until

 Dogs

(we

It's fairly common. The problem is that they often bark an octave or two higher. It's pretty funny to see a Doberman squeaking. It doesn't change the teeth, though.

I know of a dog (long gone now) that insisted on nipping at horse's heels. Losing teeth didn't teach it a lesson.

Reply to
krw