capacitive loading an opamp

message

They make stuff you can use now to remedy that?

I see it on TV a lot, my wife told me not to long ago that I should take notice. I don't know what she was talking about?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Hi Jon,

OK I'll try that next time!

(I've got a drawer full of ceramic Intel 486's that ISTR someone here said are good for sharpening blades. John Larkin?)

--

John Devereux
Reply to

te:

in message

ut.

ut

.

the

though.

things

Ronald Regan apparently relied on Grecian 2000, whatever that is.

My Dutch barber thought that I should tint my hair - presumably because I'd then have to visit him more regularly than is my habit.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

message

.

e?

My wife came home and wanted to eat dinner. I should finish it today, but probably not until I've written this week's letter to my mother.

I completely agree with you, but I'm a slightly sceptical about your estimate of the number of potential customers. I've got nothing to lose, so I will get on with it.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

essage

My reservoir of credulity isn't large. I was trained from childhood to be sceptical, if not actively incredulous, and you have been exercising my capacity for incredulity over the past few days, which can't be helping.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Yes, but I got the tip from James Arthur.

John

message

My hair used to be grey, and it's not any more. It makes a real difference in the way people treat you.

John

message

Hair coloring dyes cause dementia :-) ...Jim Thompson

message

Never had that. Then again the only time I was ever really interviewed was 25 years ago.

I don't have that problem, it's not gray but gone :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

message

Could have taken her to Brouwerscafe De Hemel :-)

That is of course more important but should not take ten hours ...

A proper web site is even more important than LinkedIn. Mine is bone-simple but that was the very best marketing investment I ever did. So now I _receive_ "cold calls". People inquiring whether I could do this or that project.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

message

I've been completely gray since I turned 20, and I really don't care.

Michael A. Terrell

message

things

I probably started "graying" about 40, but I inherited my mother's side of the family hair... the hair turns nicely silver... no yellow tints. I acceded to a touch-up for #1 daughter's wedding (1984), but haven't used any coloring since... thus no need for Lithium or other mind-thinning drugs :-) ...Jim Thompson

te:

e in message

on

out.

.

in

but

e.

re

.

the

though.

things

I wonder how he knows?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You wonder because you have dementia.

Reply to
John S

n message

-1.

on

ed

ible?

I've eaten there, and it isn't too bad, but I prefer Puur in Nijmegen (though techically it is in Berg en Dal). We've even got a respectable one star restaurant in Malden, and we go there once or twice a year if the guests or the occasion can justify it.

=A0 =A0... I should finish it today,

A bit over an hour. Once had I finished and posted the letter I got on and filled in the rest of my employment history. The "what I was doing" bits ended up emphasising the hardware I'd worked on, while in real life I was almost as busy understanding and explaining what was going on to my bosses and the people who were working for and with me, but I think that's true of most senior engineers.

Nice. I'd like that, but I doubt that I've got what it takes to generate that kind of interest.

-- Bill Sloman,

Reply to
Bill Sloman

message

Nice. But they do need to learn a thing or two about web site design. Told the owners of our favorite restaurant the same, that a click on a link on there should not result in megabytes of download. This one:

Looks good now. That gives people a detailed overview, just what they are usually looking for. "capacitative" should be "capacitive", I guess :-)

That's up to you. What I'd suggest as one last job is to flesh out the Sophia section. That could contain the stuff you'd like to do and feel competent to do. The web site could then contain more or less the sam,e text. Maybe not verbatim the same, that would look cheap.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

message

We get a lot of business from google searches. The trick is to follow up on inquiries, talk to the people about what they are doing (people love to talk about their work, usually) and see if there's some way to help. We get people who fly here just to brainstorm about their applications (but being in San Francisco never hurts.) We had one guy fly in a couple of weeks ago who wanted to pay *us* for our time to talk about his laser driver needs. He also didn't initially get that loaners are free. I like people like that.

A web site with the right keywords and the right appearance is important.

John

message

I know. She uses them. No, "roots" look stupid, even more so on men.

Ny wife is just pissed that I *have* my hair. :-(

Reply to
krw

message

Yeah, very manageable when you don't have any left !

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

message

Most of the obvious discrimination was before they knew what color my hair was. Some of it almost laughable.

Reply to
krw