Can a product contain a patented technology without using it ?

People who know nothing about the law tend to assume cute tricks like this work. They don't.

John

Why do you think every country's courts would agree on something like that?

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Hi,

Suppose one makes a product which contains "patented technology X" but it doesn't use it.

The product has an option/switch which allows the users to turn on the "patented technology X".

This option/switch would allow the user to decide if he uses the technology yes or no.

For example if the user is in a country where the technology is patented he could decide not to use it, otherwise he could use it.

Is it allowed to embed "patented technologies" like this ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

it

technology

he

that?

Not all countries support patent systems or software patent systems and last but not least the product isn't using it ? Simple really ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Not in the United States.

In the second citation see (f)(1) which applies specifically to your scenario.

Reply to
Wot a World

technology

he

scenario.

Ok, thanks for this citation I appreciate ;)

And to bad it isn't allowed ;) :)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

What would be the point of "containing" something that you don't "use"?

When I go to fantasyland, I at least think of stuff that feels good.

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

Ever hear of the 486SX? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre