CADCAM PCB Translation

Hi, I have successfully imported my Protel ASCII file in CADCAM Pro 4.4, but i can't export it to PAD/Mentor or Allegro, any ideas?

Reply to
yy7d6

This problem is very commonly dealt with by making a new schematic or layout using the target CAD package. Unless you are trying to port dozens of designs and want to purchase an expensive CAD database conversion tool (which do not always work very well anyway) it is typically cheaper to re-do the work. It alsop has the added advantage of affording a learning curve opportunity on the new CAD package.

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras

Hi mkaras, I'm not actually porting a design to another CAD, but rather just converting the PCB document for SI Analysis since the current PCB document format is not supported by the simulator i use.

Regards, Yy

Reply to
yy7d6

Use the file->import->artwork feature of Allegro to import the gerbers layer by layer.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Hi a7yvm109gf5d1, I've successfully exported the pcb document into the desired format. BTW, do you know how to generate Mentor HKP files from a PADS ASC file?

Reply to
yy7d6