CircuitMaker 2000: imported net lists not working.

With a working schematic loaded that simulates normally I use File > Export > Spice netlist . But when imported it does not simulate. I get just an em pty black window. It's been many years, but I?m sure I have done th is successfully before.

Reply to
terrypingm

It seems you and I use CM 2000 for different purposes. I use TraxMaker all the time for designing PCBs, usually in manual mode rather than for schematic capture and auto-routing.

I simulate and save schematics directly without exporting the netlist. I've just tried exporting and importing it and I get the same black screen you do.

It's now 2:30 am here. I'll see if I can come up with something tomorrow.

Reply to
Pimpom

It's nice to do automated netlist checks between the schematic and layout, and ECOs when the schematic changes. And to keep iterative versions aligned during development. And to resequence the reference designators and back-annotate the schematic. We have boards with 1000 parts; probably too many bypass caps.

In the tape-and-mylar days, it might take two people two days to check a layout against the schematic. Now a much bigger board takes a couple of seconds.

Oh Man ! I sure remember having 2 people at a table or two... One with schematic print, one with PCB artwork holding a bright highlighter, searching for the component that one of us would call out.... Sometimes searching for a while :) Kind of like BINGO !...

Then marking the pins and/or parts and/or the trace of connection and on to the next net...

I don't really miss those days but we would find design flaws that way too, once in a while.

Reply to
boB

Speaking of Bingo!, I fell in love that way once, doing the two-people board check thing. Longish story. Had consequences.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

I found something. When the saved netlist has been imported and the blank black window is displayed, go to the box named 'Waveforms' at the bottom of the left panel. That's where the net points are listed. Click on any line and then click the 'Show' button. The screen will now display the waveform at that point.

You can select more than one point by pressing the Shift key.

Selecting the 'Operating Point' tab at the bottom of the main screen displays the values in numerical form.

I still can't get the schematic to show at the top of the screen as when simulating directly from the schematic.

Reply to
Pimpom

Excellent, well done, thanks. Mystery solved!

That would be nice, but I don?t think it?s intended to impo rt the schematic too,

Reply to
terrypingm

Were you married to your work because of that ? :)

Reply to
boB