BUZ11 complemary P channel?

I would like to know if any one happens to know the complement P channel to the BUZ11 which is a Sieman's series of an N-Channel.. I'd be happy with the BUZ10 which has better on R.,I know that I can find an equivalent via another maker how ever, I would like to keep both N and P channels with the BUZ... number series. I can't find a complete linked list with the BUZ.. for me to check out. Maybe one of you guys have that list they can point me to.

Thanks.

--
"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

It won't be easy finding a direct P-channel complement to the BUZ11 purely because the manufacturers didn't elect to make one. Since you would like to stick to the European pro-electron typing system then it is even more difficult to suggest a suitable complementary device. It will depend to some extent upon your application.

BUZ11 data sheet http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/stmicroelectronics/2947.pdf

In the BUZ series all I can find is a BUZ271 which is close but not all that close. It has Idmax = 22A an RDson = 0.15 ohms.

I would suggest that you move away from the BUZ series and go for a suitable device such as the STB80PF55 which should complement the buz11 without any problems.

If you are prepared to ditch the BUZ11 I would replace the N-channel with a STB80NF55 which would be a perfect match for the STB80PF55. This would be the preferred approach if I were in your boat.

Ross Herbert

The stp80nf55 and stp80pf55 are a nice pair of complementary- switching-capability power MOSFETs, both rated at 55V and 80A, and amazingly cheap at Mouser, $35 buys you 10 pairs. They have a Ciss of about 5nF, pretty high, yes, but par for the course for such large-die MOSFETs (rated 300W at 25C, RthJC = 0.5C/W).

But I agree with Graham, if Jamie has a linear use in mind, like an audio amplifier, he'd be better off choosing lateral power MOSFETs, with their superior tempco characteristics. OTOH, if he wants to make complementary linear regulators, say for +/-24V, etc., then the ST parts are a great choice.

Reply to
Winfield

What do you care about tempco when they're not in parallel and inside a control loop?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Ok, I took a look at the specs. They look like they'll do the job. Even the Vgs is better than I was hoping for. The fact that they come in the old 220 style is a plus because I already have a board put together that houses a 220 body. (4). This will be used in a 48 volt DC motor system where i'll need a bridged output to control the direction and speed. The AVR and driving circuit is already in place awaiting the outputs.

I've already done this before using much smaller output bridged components. This application will be much more power hungry and is design to allow the battery to drop way down in the valley before shut down. I have an onboard inverter to drive the Fets for this.

Thanks for the numbers.