bulky circuit / frequency conversion

I have looked through the archives on this topic, and have been unable to find any responses detailing the process, just "frequency conversion is not a simple problem," over and over again.

The frequency conversion I wish to attempt should not be as difficult, because I have a low frequency signal generator to begin with and aid in the process.

Here's the details:

I have a 7.83 Hz signal powered by one 9-volt DC alkaline battery.

I have a kitchen outlet which generates a 60 Hz signal.

--
With these two signals, I believe that theoretically I can generate
just about any frequency of signal, to about +- 0.16 Hz due to the

My question is, how realistic is the theory in this case, since it
might require 5 or 6 mixers to get the frequency desired (6.3 Hz). Will
noise be an overwhelming problem?

//
Reply to
// u l i e n

Is 6.3158 close enough. Double 60 to 120 and divide by 19.

--
John Popelish
Reply to

Yes, that is great. Thanks for the insight.

//

Reply to
// u l i e n

I'm willing to bet large sums of money that you don't.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

i dunno but if you can hook a theramin to it...

Reply to
greggery peccary

--
1. Divide your 60Hz signal by 20 to get 3 Hz.

2. Mix the 60Hz signal with the 3Hz signal and filter the output to
   get 63Hz.

3. Square up the 63Hz signal and divide it by 10 to get 6.3Hz.
Reply to
John Fields

unable

conversion

difficult,

aid

Will

I may go with this, but it seems it would be more costly than the 6.315 solution, so my client may choose not too.

This brings me back to the question - with these solutions, and the myriad of possible ways to make multiple others, is frequency conversion such a difficult problem?

//

Reply to
// u l i e n

--
Not usually, but as with everything else, it depends...
Reply to