Bluetooth connections

Just how many separate connections are supported by BT these days? I use a BT mouse with my laptop and am thinking getting also an external BT keyboard for it. Would that work? What about adding a BT headphone to the mix?

Reply to
Cameo

Cameo wrote in news:qn81oi$u1n$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Logitec makes a mouse kybd combo that uses bt between the peripherals and the tiny USB dongle it uses.

Many laptops have bluetooth, but most keyboard and mouse makers have their own hard linked USB tidbit. Using the native link may or may not be supported by the kybd or mouse itself unless they are specifically made that way, but it sounds like more work for the computer than a single link device devoted to transceiving everything through one pipe/sub-process. But I actually don't know. I just know what I usually see.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

My acer has one dongle to work both kbrd and mouse via BT

TTman

Hm, buying such a combo would mean to get rid off my perfectly good mouse though.

Reply to
Cameo

7 simultaneous connections

Jasen Betts

Why? I routinely keep two or more mice connected.

Reply to
whit3rd

What for?

Reply to
Cameo

Yes, but if they are different type devices, without defining what the different types are. For instance, are keyboard and mouse different types or not. They are both input device types, right?

Reply to
Cameo

someone there had 4 playstation controllers,

I can connect multiple keyboards or mice via USB, or via "8042" I see no reason for bluetooth to be different.

Jasen Betts

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I use a ball because then I do not need a pad to place it on. I plug in my mouse ball's computer side USB transceiver. Logitech says it can handle additional devices. Did not say if they have to be of logitech manufacture. It just says 'compatible wireless devices'. So presumably I can add a kybd without needing additional USB thingys. Have not made use of other things yet.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Comfort, mainly. I can lean back in my easy chair and use the bluetooth trackpad, or hunch over the laptop at close range. Or sometimes a three-button requirement comes up, need the device to match that (to a no-button trackpad).

Reply to
whit3rd

Cameo wrote in news:qn8elo$8f0$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

HID Human Interface Device

So yes both of those are. However, a BT headphone, for example, is not. Or the BT connection to my blood pressure cuff.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

So because a keyboard and a mouse are of the same (HID) type devices, I can connect only one of those, but I can connect a headphone with a HID. Is that what you are saying?

Reply to
Cameo

Cameo wrote in news:qn9r8o$3p8$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

No. I was IDing that there is a difference. Whether or not they will cohabitate on a proprietary USB comm thingy is up to the thingy maker. So my logitech may play well with other maker's devices, or it may only work with other logitech devices.

I really do not know. Your laptop's own BT host is supposed to play with all of those, but the device itself may be locked to the thingy it came with and/or may not be 'discoverable' by the host adapter in order to get hooks from it.