Blizzard Warning

The ones in this community are nice, 3-4" river rock, but the landscapers often were more often looking at appearances instead of utility. I had already re-routed mine, where the water around my front courtyard drained straight down hill instead of the nice, 'pretty' angle the original path had followed. I had to be careful that today's flow wasn't great enough that it flows 'around' the rocks, and digs out a new channel beside them!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

That's the beauty of the old heavy-duty brass stuff, literally no maintenance. Until a wee hiss develops, then you rebuild it but you can still nurse it along for a few months until you've got the time. Essentially all new rubbers.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

That's just the spambot food, the reply-to address is fully valid. The "invalid" method was actually suggested by my newsserver and seems to be used by others as well.

Do you guys still see as much junk from gmail and stuff as last year? I can't see it because the filter dumps straight to waste, in pool-speak :-)

Many folks out here have their above ground pools on automatic filter systems. But aren't you living in California? Huge body of water, above ground, few steps from door, California, earthquake ... creeeaaaak ...

*POP* ... *SWOOOSH*

Happened to someone in the Bay Area even with their inground pool. The water "emigrated" and showed up in the living room.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Oh, mine is automatic. I have the pump on a timer, and I just put in a new salt water chlorinator. I also bought a Verro pool cleaner to replace the old one that went on the return line. Its a lot quieter, and works better. It just can't roll behind my steps...

As for an earthquake, it could get messy, but as we are now learning, the drainage works pretty good... ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

No, not any debris. I think it just had a little too much head pressure, and was going into a dirty sand filter...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Ocala had almost three inches, today.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

ah, but you are talking Florida, where heavy rain is common and expected. I am just outside of Palm Springs!

Looks like the rain is just about passed. Ended up with about 3.5" of rain total. As usual, we won't be driving in to Palm Springs for a day or three. All the main roads have washed out where they cross the wash. They will be back up soon.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

That was just the first wave. There were several more, overnight. My wheelbarrow was empty yesterday, but full to the brim this morning. I need to get a new rain gauge, but there was at least a couple more inches and we were under flood and tornado watches most of the night.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

at SR

4.20

, at

6:00
0.50
8.60
0
9.19
8:00
0,
0
0,
0,
,
8:00
0,

, 1.0

0,
0, at
8:00
,
1:00
0,
0,
1:00
,
8:00
,

, 3.0

0
9,
9:18
,
8:00

at SR

5:25

ost

post

6:00
7.70

at

1.80
0.10
8:00
0.60

Televangelist Pat Robertson says that Arizona is being punished because they made a pact with the Devil.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Reply to
Tim Williams

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What does Danny Glover have to say about it?

Reply to
krw