BK precision 5492B

Any one here have this animal? Thoughts? After looking at some 5 1/2 digit meters , this is the only one I see that is 100ppm. Keysights(Agilent) are 120ppm.

Martin Riddle

have a look at the Thurlby-Thandar 1906 - it's relatively cheap and worked fine for me at two different employers.

I don't know whether it is "100ppm" - you haven't specified 100ppm for any specific output over any specific temperature range - but the .pdf should let you work that out for yourself.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

see

worked fine for me at two different employers.

any specific output over any specific temperature range - but the .pdf should let you work that out for yourself.

I think that the 1906 is discontinued. (Farnell don't stock it and Rapid Electronics actually say it's no longer avaialble). I think I would go for the Keysight rather than the BK. For less money than the BK you could get the 61/2 digit Rigol DM3068 which isn't that bad (I have one). It has GPIB, RS232 and Ethernet ports. I aslo have an Agilent(Keysight is same of course) 34461A which is much nicer than either but more money.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
Michael Kellett

I use the Protek 6500.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have a couple of Keithley 191s that I got for $20 or so on eBay. They're specified as 70 ppm + 2 digits over 1 year, or 100 ppm on the higher ranges.

I also have a six-digit HP 3456A ($100 on eBay), which I think is 25 ppm

  • 2 digits over 90 days on all DC voltage ranges.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I think Protek went belly up a few years ago. (we would resell some of their stuff.) very low end... I'm guessing they couldn't compete with Rigol.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

191's are classics. We bought a Keithley 2100, but I wouldn't recommend it. I think the most annoying thing is that is losses it's config setup at every power up... this guy didn't like his either.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Good link, George. Many thanks.

Reply to
John S

The 2100 is a generic Chinese DVM, rebranded by lots of people besides Keithley. K can't change anything in it. They power up at 60 samples/sec, really annoying, and you have to push a lot of buttons to calm it down.

I complained publically about it so much that thay exchanged my three units for 2000s.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I've used 191's and 197's in the past, they worked.

I had looked at the 3456A and it's 7 1/2 digit counter part on ebay. If you can get a buy on a working unit thats great. Also if you acquire over GPIB there is a extra digit that they dont guarantee stability on. But it's rack sized and a little big for my needs.

Martin Riddle

Too bad the 3446x is'nt any closer to the Fluke 8846. But the price of

1K is'nt bad, I might just spring for one. That even includes the LAN LXI interface, which the 8846 does not have ( seems to be a custom scpi over a telnet connection )

Cheer

Reply to
Martin Riddle

--