binary arithmetic

You still have to charge the gate of the switch through the finite resistance of the pass-gate. This is slower than an active driver, particularly at the low corner.

The alternate is a (comparatively) large driver driving one end of a weaker (order of magnitude) keeper. This is usually faster at low voltages and is the more common latch at the high end.

--
  Keith
Reply to

COMMERCIAL? You mean as in practical? I've been talking from the logic-theoretical standpoint, where the "all logic can be made from 2- input nand (or nor) gates" mantra comes from.

Ther you go, changing the subject.

That always seems to happen in these religious discussions.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Oh, cripes! Another leftist weenie ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Many early minicomputers did just that. The Interdata model 1 among dozens of others.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster