TCA0372 xray

A dual 1-amp opamp deserves a power pad, and this doesn't have one. But the lead frame comes out to four pins, and we can slurp a lot of heat out there.

The two pitchforks on the sides are strange.

I'm using one section as an LDO, +5 to +3.3 volts, 1 amp peak as an OCXO warms up. That looks like it will work. At 1 amp, it needs about a volt of headroom.

It's happier with a -5 supply on Vee, which is unfortunate because I can't heat sink to the layer 2 ground plane.

Fun.

Some DIP audio chips extend the pitchfork bits all the way to the mounting surface.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

One of my kids was testing the TCA as an LDO, and had never heard of a "lead frame", so I told him to x-ray it.

Nice to have such a toy in-house :-)

My latest toy is the Seek Compact XR thermal camera

Bought a lens to have better closeup shots

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

It's actually a parts counter, so resolution is mediocre. I wish I had a smaller hi-res unit.

We have an ancient Flir E45, which cost about $12K originally. It has a giant germanium lens that will resolve the hot spot on an 0603 resistor. It's a fabulous tool. It helps answer the eternal question "where is the current going?"

This is an NEC dual transistor, which is obviously two chips that are not well connected thermally:

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin