Big Chip

Just collected all the documentation together for my latest chip design into a hierarchical PDF... 77 pages of schematics... 12 of them B-size ;-)

If anyone out there is using PSpice Schematics, I learn something new each trip. Found a trick to ease netlisting when you have a HUGE data bus ;-)

Drop me an E-mail if you want info. ...Jim Thompson

Schematics? Did you use tools to generate certain parts or did you draw everything 'by hand'?

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

I haven't drawn "by hand" since around 1988 (?), when I began using OrCAD (for DOS :-)

(I did surprise myself the other day by drafting, by hand/pencil, a drawing and taking it to a machine shop, where they made my part without further question :-)

I presently use PSpice Schematics v15.7

Besides the normal collection of library parts, I have around 1500 customized device symbols, some of which ease calculation of certain simulation values/performance analyses, etc.

Some of these specialized devices are posted on my website.

Additionally, many of these techniques can be easily imported into LTspice. A recent client checked my work using LTspice, directly importing my netlists. He's now switching to OrCAD Capture :-( which I can also directly export schematics to. ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

Old buck started late. Young buck started in 1986, using Futurenet Dash-2, later Dash-4. I could have gotten on Racal-Redac a year earlier but it ran as a one-seater on a VAX mainframe and only after-midnight slots were still available, so I passed on that. Really young bucks weren't high on the CAD pecking order in them's days.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I was on a VAX by somewhere around 1977-1980, but it had only Spice

2G6 on it, no schematic drawing packages. ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy