Better FLAC player ? Fast, Good playlist, Low CPU ?

Finally I'm fed up with VCL media player.

VCL Media Player's playlist feature has all kinds of issues, permission issues, sometimes hard to use... sometimes player lags while playing audio during gaming... tryed more buffering... also seems to consume lots of CPU.

I'll google if something better is out there.

I want:

  1. Good playlist support, easy to add files and easy to open and play.

  1. Fast start of player.

  2. Low CPU usage.

Any recommendations ?

For PC.

Bye, Skybuck.

HMMM FOOBAR2000 SEEMS GOOODDD =D

Already installed it will report back later =D

Reply to
skybuck2000

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It is a windows port of a linux app that uses linux based drivers, so there are translations to be done.

Use windows audio apps in windows, use vlc in windows for watching movies.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

ssues, sometimes hard to use... sometimes player lags while playing audio d uring gaming... tryed more buffering... also seems to consume lots of CPU.

What OS are you targeting? Without knowing that, here are some suggestions:

5K, WinAmp, and I see Foobar2000 already mentioned.

If you are looking for a 'player in a box' then I suggest you try Volumio o n a RPi. Accommodates external DACs, anything with a browser can get to it , has addon 'attached' interface. Best deal going for a RPi. I believe t hey have builds for various Linux OS's. Good luck J

Reply to
three_jeeps

I am really enjoying foobar2000 a lot !

It even has DSD which I've been reading up upon.

foobar2000 is capable of using ASIO and my Creative Labs ASIO driver and 80+k hz output sampling and such for PCM...

Quite interesting.

Unfortunately creative dsd asio is limited to 44k or 88k or something similiar and dsd can go way up to 178k and more.

So so far have found no way to down sample this or I don't understand how to get it working the DSD to creative labs thing.

But for now I will assume this creative x-fi is not suited for foobar/dsd.

But the PCM is pretty amazing... and DSD/SACD discs are interesting to listen too.

I can recommend some return of the pink panther for example... was amazing to listen too =D

foobar2000 has all kinds of neat plugins... like sacd and sid and god knows what else... downloadeable from web.

It's playlist feature is quite simple... though the playing could use some further work.

I would like to continue playing where it left off for different play lists... this is not perfectly indicated as far as I know...

Volume is indicated in db... would like percentage as welll but I can live with that...

Overall not a bad player... I am very impressed by it... especially just simple/default settings...

Very neat/tight and clean..

Basically the perfect player for windows 7 and windows classic gui/silver. Love it.

Bye for now, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000