Best North American Tek distie?

I seem to have San Diego timed right, and dodge around their rush hour. But southbound I don't take CA163/Escondido beyond I8... I cut over to I5 which takes me right to the Alamo car drop.

...Jim Thompson

I just went to the Tek site, and kinda idly picked "'scopes", and just like I was shopping for a bench scope, I clicked some checkbos, and a link here and there, and effortlessly this:

showed up.

So what's this stuff about signing in to find prices?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

[...]

It seems to vary according to the model

Try these

Actually I think this is needed for manual downloads too; this may be where I "signed up" originally.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yup, more exciting than a car! A brand spanking new Rigol DS1052E just arrived on my desk! Looks very nice indeed, and incredible for the price (AU$679 including postage to Oz), that's about $450 in those funny green US notes. New oscilloscope smell... Mmmm....

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

The higher-end models don't. Probably because probes for the full bandwidth are several thousand dollars each :(

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Maybe some, the ones I'm buying do come with a full complement of passive probes (as well they should).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, these are just 200MHz, or as JL would probably say "around DC".

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I don't know about Tek but sometimes this is done to foist "premium pricing" onto some markets and try to not give people in those markets too much easy access to pricing in other regions. Often Europeans draw the short end of the stick there. When I bought my first CAD it was similar. About $1000, only via "value added resellers" in Europe and I just didn't see where value was added. Took me a while but I found out that it cost $500 in the US. So ...

When it comes to cars the difference is often five-digit.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[...]

Yes, I'm well aware of this! We have US representation and a dollar account, so do sometimes buy in the US rather than via the local distributor.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

While in Europe I bought nearly all expensive stuff in the US. Books, software, and so on. All properly customs cleared. One of the myths "value added resellers" often told us is that they must pay customs and that was an oh so great burden. Then when my first box showed up at customs and they asked me to pay five bucks fifty or so I guess that myth was debunked, at least for me. All you really need is a credit card.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

the

you'd

By personal policy, at home, i do not accept cookies. And i wipe browser data at the end of each session. .

Reply to
JosephKK

but

the

you'd

I do accept two kinds of cookies: Pim's Cake with chocolate cover and Girl Scout Mint cookies.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

but

the

you'd

Same here, except for regular accounts, like banks and credit cards... trivial to set up in Firefox.

...Jim Thompson

provide

but

the