Beat this scam

The audiophools are at it again.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Optimist: "The glass is half-full." Pessimist: "The glass is half-empty." Engineer: "The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

What a crackup! I love the reviews:

- - - - Customers who bought this item also bought....

- the Brooklyn bridge

- swampland in Florida

- the Empire State Building

- signed photograph of Harvey the rabbit

- - - - My cats chewed on this cable and now they can both speak. One of them is gay and the other wants to kill me. I would have rather not known.

- - - -

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

But you get "free" shipping ;-) ...Jim Thompson

There must be more SCAMs going on in the UK:

" John Lewis and Currys-parent DSGi denied the upselling claims, saying they helped customers buy the "right" cable.

"We sell a large range of HDMI cables with different specifications and prices tailored to our customers' needs," said a spokeswoman for DSGi's retail arm. "Our entry level HDMI cable is currently on sale at £7.99 and our most expensive cable is at £100.99." "

How many specifications are there for HDMI cables ??

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

B000J36XR2

Someone at Amazon has a sense of humor.

The reviews are once again the best part.

Reply to
Glen Walpert

You get a mermaid sent to install it with the more expensive one.

The real con is the extended warrantee scam with *huge* commission bonuses to the sales droids. They look really hurt when I decline.

I notice the K2 speaker wire has a cheaper version at only half the price with a volcano at each end. I guess it proves there are still plenty of people with more money than sense.

The money would be far better spent on the loudspeakers.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

One of my old bosses: "Why didn't you fill it?"

Reply to
Artemus

I was going to say that :-(

Reply to
David Eather

Have a look at the "Tags Customers Associate with This Product" - I'm not sure how Hilary Clinton got there.

Reply to
David Eather

AFAIUI, the big box electronics stores barely break even on the selling price of the goods. They depend on the overpriced extended warranties and the overpriced cables and the overpriced accessories (eg. flat panel TV mounts) to make a decent profit.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

When I see stuff like this I think "money laundering"

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

What is it, with those crazy alternate "views"??

Reply to
Robert Baer

A fool and his money....

I say 'his' because no woman would spend her share of the divorce settlement on crap like this.

Stupidity kills. But not nearly often enough.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

You _NEVER EVER EVER_ kill the Golden Unicorn! You've brought down disaster on the whole planet!!!!!

Cthulhu will rise from his very grave, and extract his revenge on ALL of us for such a heinous act of blasphemy!

And you've slain _THREE!!!!?!?!?!?!_

I believe you've sealed our doom, my misguided nitwit fellow traveler.

Sigh.

Signed, Richard the Cynic, bastard son of Gaia.

Reply to
Rich Grise

I like this one:

By Jason Gaul "DJ Bathtub" (UK) - See all my reviews (REAL NAME)

"I cannot believe I didn't purchase this cable earlier. After selling my girlfriend and taking out a mortgage on out outdoor toilet I was finally able to hear pure sound. If you've ever had a bath fully clothed, you'll know what I mean. It's like suddenly my ears were not just ears, but M&S ears. I could hear stuff that was way beyond my own comprehension and with every sound came more sound. It's almost sound without sound. If you imagine being sucked into a blackhole or have ingested a dinosaur you would probably be ready for this cable.

I have just one question. What am I supposed to plug it into? "

Reply to
JW

When I see stuff like this I think "money laundering"

---------------

Na, just supply and demand! If they sale 1 they've probably made a profit! Cuts down on customer support costs too and the person that does buy it can be targeted for more of the same.

Reply to
DonMack

2

am

and

DSGi's

=A37.99

Yep.

Reply to
josephkk

^^^^^^^^^ Physicist: Engineer: The glass has nice reserve capacity.

Reply to
josephkk

Joerg: "I could save you 50% of your BOM costs."

"I did."

Reply to
krw