Christmas lights help

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is an easy way to repair some christmas lights? Some of the lights we have won't remember the setting they are on and will revert to the first setting each day. I know that all the lights we have are different types but I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a battery or capacitor iside the box to remember the settings. I can try to get mor info from the boxes if that would help.

Greg

Reply to
Grenge

They're not broken, theyr not designed to remember sequence settings between runs, which is yes, very annoying..

however:

^^^ Guide to adding a capacitor to the system to give 12-14 hours memory time.. Should be adaptable to a lot of different boxes.

Reply to
Lord-Data

Thanks for that. I will probably try that

It seems strange though that even though they probably aren't designed that way, most of the lights I have do remember their settings. The ones I wanted to fix did save their settings last year but not this year. I even just bought 3 sets of the same lights from Go-Lo. 1 set remembers the settings and the other 2 don't. I did also test them tonight.I had set all the lights to the correct setting, then turned them off for a minute. When I turned them back on they all remembered the setting, which I thought may have been the capacitor inside not being able to hold the charge for the full day.

Thanks for the help Greg

Reply to
Grenge