Battery charging behavior.

Hi All

One of our wireless short range communication module, its charging behavior is:

0~2.9V trickle charge. seems control by h/w

3V~3.8V fast charge. should be initilized the fast charge by s/w.

3.8V~4.2V trickle charge. must be controlled by s/w.

Question, why need trickle charge at low voltage range. at 0~2.9V range, the charging LED will not turn on. Why need to turn off ?

One more question, it seems after charging complete, there will be some current drawn, therefore the total voltage of battery will go down, when go down to a threshold it will recharging again.

Any info I can study more ? thank you very much!

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

If you are discussing Li-XX chemistry (the voltages sure sound that way) then the trickle below 3v is the standard way to bring the cell into the safe_to_charge_normally region. Current *has_to_be* very low when the cell is undervoltage, for safety reasons. Similar charge restraint is required when the cell is under-temperature.

Depends how much current and where it is going.

Again, if Li-XX then have a good read of the data sheet for a charge controller chip - such as the MAX1737.

If not Lithium chemistry, ignore the above.

Reply to
budgie

then

ll is

hen the

roller

Yes, I am using Lithium battery, very useful, thanks!

Boki.

Reply to
Boki