Charging multiple 7.2V Tamiya 1800ma Ni-Cad Battery Packs

I need to charge up to 16x Tamiya (model toys) 7.2V 1800ma Ni-Cad batteries simultaneously, the batteries will be in different states of charge and may even be faulty, is there an off the shelf product for doing this or can somebody be kind enough to let me know the charging techniques used on these batteries (voltages, current, cycle etc.) so I can design my own. I need these to fast charge (as far as I can tell there is no over-temperature sensor on the batteries) , then trickle.

I would also like to know the theory on battery condition testers, can anybody help please.

Mark in Spain

Reply to
Mark