Balloons/Paper planes invisible to radar ?

Hello,

Little question:

Are balloons/paper planes invisible to radar ?

If so maybe they good for stealth missions ? :):):)

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

It appears that balloons are:

Den

A balloon itself or a paper plane itself - without any control, communication and power supply may be invisible to radar.

However, if you want to do any mission you will need explosives or at least a camera together with electronics for command and control, an antenna and a power supply (solar panel or battery) and any of this workload is visible by radar.

Sincerely, Karl-Heinz

Reply to
Karl-Heinz Zeller

Yes.

Probably not - how would you control them? ;-)

You can make a hot-air balloon with a dry cleaning bag, a few soda straws, and a handful of birthday candles. Hang a corner reflector from it, and watch the Flying Saucer reports pour in! >:->

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Let me know when they develop a paper airplane that can carry a full bomb load and cruise at Mach 1+.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.

Did you read about our recent (this past week) prankster? He tied hazard flares to helium-filled balloons... UFO's were sighted over NW Phoenix ;-)

(They were seen by flight controllers and pilots, but _did_not_ show on radar.)

...Jim Thompson

|  Phoenix, Arizona  85048                          |             |
|  Voice:(480)460-2350  Fax:Available upon request  |  Brass Rat  |
|  Web E-mail at http://www.analog-innovations.com  |    1962     |

I wouldn't say 'good'; we in the Pacific Northwest (of the US) were attacked by balloon incendiary bombs that Japan launched into the jetstream from their home islands.

Civilian casualties were light, but firefighters died putting out the blazes. It was declassified years ago, kept secret at the time. It was kept SO secret that our own pilots didn't know about the jet stream until they had navigation problems at war's end (WW II, of course).

Reply to
whit3rd

Yes. Saw the pictures, even. We had a group of pilots flying formation with lights every Thursday night a few years back. It was funny to hear all the UFO reports. They finally heard from the FAA...

Wouldn't you expect LGMs to have perfected stealth technologies?

--
Keith
Reply to

They learned from Ghosts?

--
Keith
Reply to

Of course not - you need a corner reflector. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise