Auto Iris lenses

Anyone know the power requirements to drive so-called "auto iris" lenses?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

This might help:

Spehro Pefhany

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

All the ones I've ever worked with (Pelco / Panasonic, and it's been a few years), were on the order of 8 or 9 volts @ 40 mA. Might have been a little less than 40mA, but probably not by much.

My guess is there's a standard for these, as most security-type CCD cameras all seem to use the same kind of connectors. Mostly.

Reply to
Mike

If threes a standard, its not published anywhere. But 50ma seems to be common for video iris, and 25-30ma for the direct auto iris coil. The Manual iris is spring loaded and one coil is used to open the iris ~

25ma, and the other damping coil is used as a velocity measurement. If it?s a video then there is video input pin (0.7vp-p) to the lens.

Hers a pelco that specs the 25 / 50ma limit, I assume most C-mount lenses adhere to the limits.

Martin Riddle

Am I correct in assuming that you only need to source current to the device, not sink any significant amount? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes, if it is a video type iris then its +V at 50ma(max).

Manual iris 0 - 25ma , to open and close the iris.

Martin Riddle

The biggest difference today is that the voltage is headed down below

3.3 V.
Reply to
JosephKK

..

~=20

Maybe. I suspect it depends on the particular lens.

Reply to
JosephKK

Which is why I was asking. The available specs on these is nil :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

One big reason for that is that the camera and lens are typically bought as a package and the lens iris (and focus and zoom if so equipped) drive is not much user accessible.

Reply to
JosephKK

Unless you're designing a chip for a security camera company ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature