Audiophool product of the week

speakers.

local

No sorry, I know about those systems, they are not intended for quality. although with enough equipment and money put in you can obtain it how ever, getting to that level, you might as well directly wire it.

This isn't a cheap ass announcement system and tinny music playing in the noise..

What does it matter any way? When you work in a place that makes Thousands/Millions of FT of wire everyday.

The sound shack has 4 1200W RMS stereo amps that get bridged and it has a basic PA crap system which is a high voltage system with matching xfomers.. and that sounds like total shit!

The 1200 Watt units how ever are sweat sounding audio.. This last summer I spent the day pulling out the speakers, setting them up, and blasting our grounds area in the back of the facility with hard rock for a couple of hours until the security guard come down and shouted in my ear to get my attention!. I guess I was disturbing the business next door. Guard didn't mind though, he was kind of shocked that even listen to that type of music.

We also use a HV system in the facility for a public address system that is coming off an old 2500 watt tube amp that is just about on it's last leg! It has a nice set of tubes in it how ever. 6 3-500ZG in a push pull config, etc.. The parts unit is running out of parts!

When the day comes for retirement of that unit, the (new) spare tubes will be sprouting wings.

Reply to
Jamie

Ha, guess I slipped on that one!

That's what you get for not paying attention to the spell check!

Reply to
Jamie

TOTAL relevance to what I actually replied to, if you bothered to read it.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Thanks, but he obviously wasn't being sarcastic! :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Seems you are the expert there at least!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Shutup 'geoffry'.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Well, then I would pipe POWER to each location, and send the signal digitally and digitally cross it over to a tri amp set-up pumping the 18" with about 1500W and the rest according to their capacities on the other two amps.

At each station.

Sound better, from my hat now?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

It would not have registered an error without a grammar algo going as well.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

On a sunny day (Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:46:31 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Have you ever considred using speakers next to that amp, and plastic or copper pipes to pipe the sound to big horns?

;-) just an idea...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:24:43 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Na, it uses tobes, is no good.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

You are correct about that. I picked up on you, real fast.

Reply to
Jamie

tobes? you mean tubes?

The internal public address system uses tubes. The outdoor event equipment is solid state, of course.

Reply to
Jamie

On a sunny day (Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:18:34 -0500) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Actually I ment tooooooobes.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

--
There's no 'e' in tooooooobs. ;)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

He's European. They never spell anything right. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

There's no "f" in Panteltje :-)

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

10=20

wire=20

Things=20

example,=20

=20

Just what is the part number of this miracle capacitance cable? I may = want=20 to use it for high energy density capacitors. Or maybe crossovers.

Reply to
JosephKK