Audio Power amp suggestion

Could someone make suggestions pls... IP power is 36 - 48 V single ended battery. P out 25 to 50 W range Speaker(s) can be 4 - 16 ohms. Most important is low heat dissipation especially at quiescent. Quality not so important. A single chip solution would be nice, but a simple mosfet design is ok too. TIA.

Reply to
TTman

Except for the power supply voltage, the Texas Instruments TPA3106D1 seems to fit your requirement. It's Class D, so has high efficiency and low dissipation. Up to 40W, single chip with a fairly low external component count. Max supply voltage is limited to 26V though.

I haven't used it myself. Just happened to have looked at the datasheet recently.

There could be other types without the PS limitation - I didn't go through their entire line up.

Reply to
pimpom

The 48V single supply requirement rules out single chip solutions. I would use the Class D chipset from IR with external FETs in the bridge configuration. There should be pulldown resistors to ground for precharging bootstrap supplies.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

o.

Probably a digital amp. Go to

. It's been beaten to death, there.