attenuators

I've seen 0.1 dB 75 ohm attenuators, can't remember the brand but they had the same overall length for the family, 0.1 dB up to at least 18 dB. Not zero, but not 1 either :-).

The darned preamp box hangs on the two BNC connectors on the flange; there is no other mechanical support. So the two BNC thingies have to be the same length.

I just milled open a Mini-Circuits HAT1-20.

Looks a lot like the SMA version...

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com
Reply to
Carl Ijames

Den onsdag den 4. juni 2014 21.55.39 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

how about a pair of adapters? find a pair that gets the length just right and solder them

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Using a handy online calculator, a 1 dB 75r attenuator has about 650 ohms to ground. 0.1 dB has about 6.5K. Both too low for my application, with my wimpy photodiode bias supply.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

M/ACom was pretty good about selling unassembled kits of some of their products. I think they kit a lot of stuff and then assemble them to fill firm orders, the kits actually cost less, but I'm going back a decade or two or three here.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

John Larkin scribbled thus:

Try a BNC "T" and ignore the middle leg...

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Digikey and an

3 dB

dB, namely

1 dB, but

that runs $42 from Pomona.

connection,

are part

the pd is

ADC.

photodiode, the

complete the

identical,

I suppose you could look at bias "T" BNC devices.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk