ASIC with RAM

Greetings,

I wonder if anyone can help. I need ASIC chip which contain at least

64KB of RAM, keyboard interface.

Any estimates of how much it is also appreciated

thank you in advance Padmow

Reply to
padmow

I think this guy is looking for a single board computer or development system.

Nomination: This months "What the heck is this about?" award.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Why? Do you mean an actual ASIC, which would typically be in volumes of millions, completely custom, or would something generic work?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

That would be something like this:

-although you most likely don't know what you're asking.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I think, it should be completely custom.

I imagine the chip should contain:

64KB SRAM

keyboard interface which can buffer 128 character from IBM PC keyboard in the SRAM

I/O to 8bit CPU

8bit I/O to obtain data directly from certain address in SRAM

is it possible to have 64KB of SRAM in ASIC, I'm not sure about that.

anyway thanks in advance Padmow

Ian Stirl> > Greetings,

least

Reply to
padmow

Nice on such details, but you have not said what it is supposed to do.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Why create an ASIC? The PC keyboard signals are easely handled by a microcontroller or a DSP. You can still get a single chip solution.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Reply to
padmow

this is connected to a microprocessor. so we can have 2 chip solution.

Reply to
padmow

There are DSPs with 256kB. The problem is finding one in a small package with flash and the amount of RAM you want. I recommend looking at Texas Intruments and Analog Devices. How much speed do you think you need?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

when the external Microprocessor accessing the RAM, I would prefer it is done by pure hardware. faster and simpler I think

Padmow

Nico Coesel wrote:

solution.

looking

Reply to
padmow

Cheaper, if you're building a hundred thousand. Not faster, unless you need 100s of MB/second maybe simpler. Otherwise, it's going to be cheaper to either go discrete, or to pick a general purpose micro that's got enough internal RAM.

Reply to
Ian Stirling