Arrow Electronics

The reps around here are usually pretty good. They seem also to be eager to have accounts in San Francisco (we're two blocks from the Zuni Cafe) so they like to call on us. I'd imagine there'd be less enthusiam for a rep to make a 200 mile drive across the parched wastelands.

They also have the problem that they often have suits fly in, from their principles, and they have to squire them around for a couple of days, and need victims to inflict them on. If I provide such a service to a rep, they know that they owe me big-time.

John

As my old mentor Melvin Goldstein taught me, the easiest thing in the world is not to sell.

John

^^^^^^^^^^^ principals. They don't have any principles. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Or they were stuck in crusted medieval sales

OK - I just have to share this pet peeve.

No matter where I am, any time I buy batteries at Radio Shack I get the same:

"What are you going to use 'em for?"

I suppose there are a few people out there who don't know what battery they need, but this question is really, really annoying to those of us who do!! I wonder sometimes whether A) they're really interested in an answer -- any answer, or B) might actually be in a position to offer selection advice, or C) maybe it's just an internal joke to them.

Sometimes I just make stuff up.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

"Well, I'm a bit undecided. Either for making bombs or hollowing out and using to smuggle drugs."

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Then maybe you're not in Britain?

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Rectal play?

--
.
Reply to

Gosh, you do have a thing.

John

I was channelling you when I wrote that.

--
.
Reply to

Late at night, by candle light, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax penned this immortal opus:

Maybe just had a bad day. Try again with a different saleshuman.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

I am in the US. But even in Germany I did not have problems. It was mostly other distributors over there, such as EBV or Spoerle. Some companies had direct support like Analog Devices. That one, BTW, was the absolute best.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

In which case I'd narrow it down to the Bedford UK, office.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Why don't you find some HVAC group, or some scat-lover rectal play group, to annoy? Your coarse brand of humor, and your brand of technical expertise, might be more appropriate there.

John

Why don't you go take a flying f*ck?

--
.
Reply to

Gosh, that's the first sensible suggestion you've made in a long, long time.

John

Do ya think he\'s ever even heard of the mile-high club?
Reply to
John Fields

And yet you are still here bothering the grownups.

--
.
Reply to

Makes me want to pack my parachute!

John

I'll hold the door open for you.

--
.
Reply to

The planes I've jumped from didn't have doors!

Ever jumped? I've done a few. But it's a silly sport, hours of prep and waiting around for a couple of minutes of drop time. I can ski all day, in between refueling.

Sailplanes are still on my must-do list, though. After I write my book, maybe.

John