Are there simple line-powered MP3 recorders?

Hi Jeorge, And this doesn't just apply to open source! If you are a dedicated user of Cadence ConceptHDL, then you learn pretty quickly to have perl and other scripts where you exit the software, delete all the *.b and

*.c files, automatically do edits on the .a files, and then reopen the software and do a hard save of the project. (You have to delete the .b binary files, and .c files because these are compiled from the .a, but have precedence over the .a (ascii) files.)

And users spend mucho bucks for this type of thing!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Maybe. However, neither with OrCad nor Eagle nor any other CAD system did I have to do that. Meaning it is possible to design it right. So far it looks like Jean-Pierre Charras and his KiCad design group has managed to also do that.

Not this here user ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I am a Linux guy for my personal stuff. If KiCad runs in wine i will try it. Just checked, there are Linux versions, must try it.

Reply to
JosephKK

A few drawings in the docs are in French, so some basic skills there can't hurt. Every time I see that I crave red wine and Camembert. Dang, why do we still have this pasteurization law and can't get good Camembert?

But don't worry, the GUI is all English and can be switched to a gazillion other languages.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Nanny State.

Is it too hard to make your own at home?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Most definitely. A French guy once told me you "only" need about 2-3 generations of experience and then you'll get the hang of it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Not quite as difficult as Roquefort. That requires a parcel of the "magic" real estate, all of it already owned.

Reply to
JosephKK