Calculate tangental velocity

Can anyone please tell me how to properly apply the formula for tangental velocity when one knows the radius in meters and the frequency of rotation in Hertz.

In this case, the figures are 740 metres and 4.05MHz.

I looked online but my math is shakey.

Thank you,

Mark Miller

Reply to
Mark Miller

"Mark Miller" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@news.tpg.com.au...

Hello Mark,

It's the circumference multiplied with the frequency of rotation.

v = 2*pi*R*f

v=2*pi*740m*4.05e6/s

v = 1.883e10m/s v = 18,830,706km/s

It would be about 50 times the speed of light which is 300,000km/s. I can tell you that this is an impossible speed in this universe.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald