Any way to filter out MI5 posts

This robot is spreading crap throughout all the groups.

Reply to
default

A newsreader with filters that use regular expressions (40tude dialog) makes it easy.

Reply to
_

My ISP has put a filter on their news server.

  • Source must be Altopia.
  • Crossposted to 4 or more newsgroups
  • Subject to contain M.I.5 (where the dots are any character other than A-Z, or nothing at all)

Seems to be working OK.

--
John B
Reply to

Thank you. created a kill filter with M.I.5. in the agent newsreader and like magic he's history

Reply to
default

Yeah, I can't see a human dithering the posts to make them difficult to filter too many posts and too fast . Doubtless a human is behind it.

I read a few several months ago.

Your post about him is interesting.

John B's filter technique is working though.

Reply to
default

The author is extremely active during holidays. I guess he must be a lonely person, victim of alcoholism, and that's the least of his problems.

It infuriates me that if Usenet can be victimized by an individual, just imagine what Al-Qaeda (or the terrorist organization du-jour) could do.

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

Regular expressions are your friend.

Use a newsreader that lets you filter using regular expressions. I haven't seen any of his crap in a long time.

--
Namaste--
Reply to

I've noticed they always come in blocks - I just shift-click to mark the whole block, and mark them read. Then I don't have to deal with them until the next flood.

Good Luck! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:17:37 -0800, Ramon F Herrera wrote: ...

The terrorists have already won: It happened on the day "Homeland Security" started strip-searching US citizens at the airports. That causes a hell of a lot more widespread disruption and waste than a single suicide bomber could ever hope to cause.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

"Security theatre".

Win's thread on "Leading surveillance societies in the EU and the World, 2007" news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000hsv.googlegroups.com has other elements of *The terrorists have already won*.

?cmd%255B347%255D=x-347-559597+*-*-worsening+Electronic.Privacy.Information.Center+Greece-Romania-*-Canada+*-US-*-*-worst-*-*-*-*-*-*+lowest.ranking+*-increasing-trend+Argentina+surveillance.industry+newer.democracies+*-*-*-*-older-democracies-*-*-*-*-failing+slipped.significantly+Privacy.International+highest.ranking+black+Malaysia-Russia-*-China (The PDF version linked on that page is easier to read than the Web page.)

Reply to
JeffM

For any news reader using regular expressions to score articles on:

[*] Score:: =-9999 Subject: MI5 Subject: M.I.5

Add this to your scorefile and say goodbye to MI5.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Just find a GOOD news provider, and they will maintain the filters. The only way I see his crap is when someone quotes it, and they delete ALL of his blathering.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida