anti robbery fence

Keep in mind that any boobytrap you set up will get you a hundred times more often than any trespasser.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

On a sunny day (15 Nov 2007 20:57:42 GMT) it happened Jim Yanik wrote in :

mm I did, after about 12 burglaries and losing some expensive stuff, and police doing nothing.

mm :-)

No, it is improving standard of living. Else why not rent something in Iraq.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's a lot of effort to stop that subset of thieves who are too stupid to use a pair of insulated handle wirecutters, rubber boots, rubber gloves, a big rock to hit the transformer with, a stick to pust over a fencepost, a few feet or wire to short out the fence, or the brains to figure out how to open the same gate you open when you enter the property. Anyone that dimwitted could be stopped with some signs that say "C. Klaus's skunk farm" at a far lower cost.

Want to keep people out? Put up a simple chain link fence and let several geese run loose inside the fence.

--
Guy Macon  Guy Macon
Guy Macon  Guy Macon

Sacramento?

;-)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

If the design is good I doubt it is going to be easy for a thief to get through the fence ... unless he is a Professional one in which case he is certainly wise enough to understand that he is better of robbing a Bank then risking his life through electricity trying to get some thousands dollars from my television and cars. Idoubt you find easily a wire cutter designed for 10000V or plus or the rubber for that. From the 1960's unshortable electric fences have been sold in commerce which excludes short circuiting fence. it is not so easy as you say to evade an Electrical fence as it would be stupid of Governments like N. Korean one to use them to protect their borders? Especially against a country like S. Korea.

Klaus

Reply to
C.Klaus

On a sunny day (Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:18:39 +0100) it happened C.Klaus wrote in :

Well I dunno, here they are good at 'ramkraak', basically that is Dutch for taking a car and driving it through a shop front, then grabbing anything. I bet you could drive a car through a 10kV fence.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:41:15 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Amsterdam Bijlmer

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Made of cardboard those shops or glass is very fragile material . When car hits steel or cement it stops and is dead and damaged. Klaus

Reply to
C.Klaus

On a sunny day (Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:49:36 +0100) it happened C.Klaus wrote in :

I can assure you the jewel shops have metal fences else you get no insurance. I had to put on metal screens too in my shop too, from the insurance after a window was knocked out. A car with a bit of speed is not stopped by some electricity wire.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:49:36 +0100) it happened C.Klaus wrote in :

PS Here you can see a 'ramkraak' in action, they are also known to have driven through walls.

Jan Panteltje

through walls.

Its elementary as all depends on structural strength. Sure is a fact that some cardboards are even harder then metal screens. Some walls are so weak you give them a punch and your hand goes through. I surely imagine a car going through that. But a wall or door made to keep thieves out ...no way you can drive through it withoutpossibly killing yourself and destroying the car. I read frequently in newspaper about people dead when they drove into walls so I don't want to try it to verify what you say. Now driving through metal fences. Even that is not a joke. How do illegal immigrant carriers from Mexico get their human cargo through US border fences with their cars. They use blow torchs to cut fences, then drive through. Not drive through directly. Ask them why. Now imagine driving through 10000V. Must be even more fun. You imagine you're a thief ... wouldn't you think it is esier to steal a car parked on the roadside then that in an electrified fence?

Klaus

Reply to
C.Klaus

If you know so much about stopping thieves, how come your stuff keeps getting stolen?

Reply to
invalid

Due to cost constraints maybe... this was the middle of Africa, IIRC.

With respect to rubber gloves... if the voltage is high enough, the insulation should fail to provide any protection.

Good point. Public transportation should be readily available. Internet cafes are common (at least they are in the Philippines). Get a large USB flash drive, or two, or three...

Cameras... maybe get a cell phone with a camera. Minimize the size and number of things that could be stolen, and keep them on you.

One thing I really couldn't understand about the Philippines - I met a college graduate working at a gas station, maybe making US$2/day, and STILL she spends huge wads of cash on the most advanced, prettiest cell phones. Psychotic, but this behavior is commonplace. Makes no sense to me.

Michael R. Darrett, P.E.

Reply to
mrdarrett

On a sunny day (Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:05:35 +0100) it happened C.Klaus wrote in :

through walls.

Did you notice he drove backwards? Did you notice the armed screen in *front* of the entrance? Of course the cars were stolen, this was not about getting cars, but about what was in the shop. Cars were sacrificed.

The guys drove through the wall of some bank some time ago. I have also heard they simply grabbed a bulldozer or something from a nearby building site, and removed a wall. No problem.

mm, perhaps because they still need the car.

If you drive backwards and 10000V, you will likely be OK. The 10000 will be shorted in the shortest time, and be zero. Your fuse will blow :-)

If all you have is cheap cars, but motorbikes can be pretty expensive too, maybe you have a vault with cash, maybe they simply use a bazooka (dunno where you plan to go).

Sure build your fence, make sure you do not forget it is on, have no kids running around, etc.

If all else fails they will use a chopper. hehe :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Problem with that is you have to join the thugs to get the uniform. )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

You need to take a course in dog training. They were competing for alpha male; at that point it's too late. _YOU_ are supposed to be the alpha male to a dog pack. If they (and you!) had been trained properly, the fight(s) never would have happened.

I kind of like the idea of just not having anything worth stealing.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

C.Klaus C*k°l°a°u°s#m° snipped-for-privacy@jvmastercodes.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

  1. not if they are trained properly.
1.1 develop the expertise to train them yourself. 1.2 retrain any adult dogs you acquire.
  1. sterilized male-female pairs can be very effective, without having having to worry about raising the pups.
  2. as you found out the hard way, destroy dogs that you cannot control.
  3. goats can be very effective as well.
Reply to
JosephKK

AZ Nomad snipped-for-privacy@PremoveOBthisOX.COM posted to sci.electronics.design:

Not if it is properly designed.

Reply to
JosephKK

Doesn't matter. It still still nail the owner far more than anybody else for the simple fact that it is the owner who is around more.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Please don't encourage him to get a dog. The dog deserves better.

Reply to
invalid