Analog versus digital: power consumption

Yeah, I know. Even went through the calculations with calories vs calories, if you get my drift., just to show what rubbish we're making in terms of computing equipment.

Anyways, there seems never to be enough sandwiches to go around, and when there are, they only really taste good hurtling along the highway in three tons of candy-apple red kibble.

RL

Reply to
legg

Hi Phil,

Personally I think some of the problem is that there's too much emphasis on "new" work (granted, that's what PhDs are supposed to do, but still) rather than fine-tuning/collecting/merging known results into clearer, more general & powerful techniques. There is plenty of utility in having Yet Another Review article come up year 20 years or so, and it would do the average reader a lot more good than some journal article where a guy thinks he's uncovered something truly new and is documenting somewhat preliminary results in a Journal paper.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad