An unusual Oscilloscope phenomenon

You put the glue on the surface and let it dry, and lay thin pieces of wood across it. Put the glue on the formica, let it dry, and lay it on top of the shims. The shims have no glue, so don't stick. Line the formica up, on top of the shims, and one by one take the shims out and let the formica stick to the surface.

I've seen it done on those "home improvement"-type TV shows. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

North Korea has one too:

-- they ran out of money prior to finishing it though. While it's been sitting vacant for almost two decades (there's some suggestion the quality of the concrete was so poor it's too unstable to ever be occupied, even if it were finished), Wikipedia
) says a cell phone company is now using the upper levels to place equipment and antennas.

It also points out that in North Korea, "only government officials are currently permitted to use mobile phones and the service has been banned from use by ordinary citizens and foreigners." Nice guy, that Kim Jong-Il... his people starve while he has fresh lobster helicoptered in daily while on trains to Asia, since he's afraid of flying.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Sounds a lot like the federal bureucracy.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

my

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

rnatezone.com/eevblog/

After watching your video, for some reason I was reminded of Starbuck Flying and his computer adventures. Aren't you glad he doesn't have a scope?

:D

Michael

Reply to
Michael

They don't fix it - they prevent it. You contact cement the veneer & the top and let the cement dry. Lay shims on the top, lay the veneer on top of the shims. Line the veneer up properly, then withdraw the shims one at a time, pressing the veneer down onto the top as you go. You cut the formica before you start, such that it will hang over the top by about 1/4" on all edges. After sticking the formica to the top, you use a router to trim the formica to be exactly even with the top on all edges, with a bit of a bevel on the dege of the formica.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The waveforms-per-second depends on the sample rate, the length of the acquisition memory and the throughput of the display system. Another thing that limits the refreshrate is the refreshrate of the display. The latter can be circumvented by adding several swaps into one signal.

That depends on the samplerate and the bandwidth. If the samplerate is lower then the maximum bandwidth expect aliasing effects unless it is a sampling oscilloscope.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Where do you get reports on the Harbor Freight stuff? I'd like to be able to see what others think about what I might buy - like their 12' sliding compound miter saw.

Sometimes they're good for power tools that will be used infrequently. The stuff I've bought from them for light use has never disappointed - but I haven't used it either under harsh conditions or extensively.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

from

. his

rains

North Korea has only one 18-hole golf course in Pyongyang. The North's media have said the 7,000-meter (7,700-yard) course is "in full line with international standards."

If the official government media is to be believed, Kim is easily the greatest golfer, the world has ever seeen.

Pyongyang media say Kim enjoys golf, having shot multiple holes-in-one during his first try at the game. He reportedly aced five holes and finished 38 under par on the golf course. The "Dear Leader" routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round, the government-controlled media reported.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

It'd be funny if it's the kind of thing where the gold course personnel desperately move the holes around or try to influence the ball to always hit the hole and Kim is blissfully unaware of his lack of real skill. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Wow. You're making me drool.

Reply to
ehsjr

But a lot of the time we look out the kitchen window and see a wall of fog.

John

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

electronics

didn't

It seems it costs a lot of money to get a decent color. The Tek scopes at work have gawd-awful trace colors. Not only are they "fruity", they're hard to see.

We talked about that before. I *love* the Bosch "Impactor" as a screwdriver. I can even drive large Phillips screws without chewing up the heads. It's the neatest tool I've bought in a long time.

Reply to
krw

Cordless. 12V Li-Ion, that matches three of my drivers and drills. ;-)

We didn't have electric drills in shop. I *hated* shop.

I've sprained a wrist driving screws. A good driver has a *lot* of torque. OTOH, I have a 3/8" air wrench that I think I could stop. I bought a 1/2" impact wrench that I could stop by hand with a 1" socket installed. It went back.

Reply to
krw

I have their 10" SLCS. For $100 it's not bad at all. I just bought it to cut 2x4s and it does that very well. I did some molding with it in my last house, too. I'll likely replace it with a better saw in the next year or so, though.

As far as discussions of these things, rec.woodworking is likely the best place. There are a lot of tool snobs there too, but also a lot of information.

I don't have too many HF power tools, but a few. You really have to be careful. The above SLCS is fairly good (it's weak on compound miters). I've looked at their wet saw and would have bought it if I knew about it before I bought mine. OTOH, I have a couple of cordless drills that are just so bad that I don't even count them.

Reply to
krw

It is indeed. In fact, it's that exact same setup where I first found this issue, debugging that actual design as you see there, probably only days before or after that photo was taken.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

=20

am=20

=20

and=20

Speaking for yourself i see.

Reply to
JosephKK

oscilloscope in=20

shot posted=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

to reel=20

drive when it=20

shield on the=20

it's best=20

shield is=20

shield

be

be=20

schlepp=20

from_Columbus_St._1.JPG

Oh yes, the one that Sausalito was so upset over. Didn't it use have a playboy club within?

Reply to
JosephKK

^^^^^ sweeps

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Thanks! It did help. Mine's now on order, 39.99 and it includes a set of 6 screwdrivers for free.

Don't know what I'll use the screwdrivers for. :-) Ed

Reply to
ehsjr