Ambiq Apollo3 Cortex M4 board, 6 uA/MHz

That's a pretty impressive number. I believe it runs at 48 MHz. Not many methods of reaching such a low power level for computing. Even in the iCE40 FPGAs it might be hard to match that depending on the exact task.

There's a $15 Sparkfun board (not shipping yet but they are accepting preorders):

- url:

- 40x40 mm board, Ambiq Apollo3 Blue cpu, 6 uA/MHz supposedly - 48 mhz cpu with 96 mhz burst mode, whatever that means - 1MB of on-chip flash and 384K of ram, very large for an MCU - on-chip special processor for bluetooth, antenna also on board - 2 MEMS microphones and 3D accelerometer on board - Camera connector - CR2032 coin cell holder on the back of the board - Only 4 gpio pads on the board, but maybe some of those sensor inputs to the cpu could be repurposed.

I've got a board on order. It will be interesting to code up a few simple apps to see how it rates with other low power devices. First I'll have to port Forth to it.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

The "datasheet" is 909 pages long. Lots to learn.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win