What's inside the VOIP phones?

The inners of the old reliable analog phones are welknown. (To me at least.) But what's inside the VOIP phones? What's their wake-up signal, how do they react when the handset is raised in short what's the protocol all about? Tried wiki and google already but no fun so far. Anyone has a pointer?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

As if you deserve any response to any post you make. Go back to the kook group.

Reply to
Hellequin

Inside is a computer with a network interface and a sound-card.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Google SIP phone. I've only seen business grade phoned. Probably cheap compared to a PBX, but expensive for home use. You could also read up on asterisk.

Note it is far simpler for home use to skip the wireline and just use a cellphone. If you have a carrier with UMA, that would be my suggestion.

Reply to
miso