Adding primitive devices to SPICE3 source

I want to add a "smoothly transitioning" switch device to my SPICE3F5 simulator. There should be a smooth transition between Ron and Roff as the controlling voltage is swept between Von and Voff. What I really want is to replicate the behavior of the VSWITCH device in Pspice.

I have the "Adding device to SPICE3" document out of Berkeley, which merely describes how to integrate your C code into the SPICE source code. It doesn't talk about how to create the actual model. Do I need to think about as "matrix-stampable" components? Which derivatives do I need? I need to know something about analog modeling in spice using C.

I also have the option of writing an XSPICE code model, but it too has poor support.

Can anyone point me to the right book or document?

Alec

Reply to
Alec