ADC to LPT port ?

HI..need some help.....:) I want to connect AD converter (ADC0804) with computer via LPT port, to collect digital data. On input ADC is signal form microphone preamplifier, fullwave rectifier... ADC and rest of circuit works well, it is tested with several led diodes.

I just need simple circuit scheme(or direct if possible) to connect output of ADC to LPT port. Any simple program on net that can communicate to LPT? Or I should write some program in Visual Basic,Delphi or C(++).

Thanks...

Reply to
DusanS

There's LPT port stuff all over the internet:

But why not just use the sound recorder that came with the PC?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You may want to check the below kit. The pdf has the schematic and there is also a link on the page for the software.

Si Ballenger

Thanks.....

I already made a simple circuit and a simple Visual Basic monitoring program. I could do it directly connecting to data pins, but to be extra safe I used scheme found (somewhere)on internet and it's very simple.. "It should work on ANY PC parallel port, and uses a 74LS157 to feed the data, as two nibbles, into 4 parallel port "printer status" inputs." Today it was tested, and works ok.

My name is Dusan, IV (in october V) year student of Electronic in city of Novi Sad (Serbia). I work on student project called "voice controller" (very,very primitive voice recognition).

Reply to
DusanS

Hello Dusan,

Visal Basic means Windows 9x or above... means that the compuer which will be used have at least a bidirectional LPT and nearly allways a soundcard on board. EmbeddedPCs are able to integrate a AD in a more professional way. I don't see the goal of your project, but lot of trouble (using windows as a non-realtime system. May you help me a little?

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz