Reply to
John Popelish

you will have to wait until september

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

**gmail** ALERT ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | A simulation, struggling to converge, is telling you something Pay attention !-)

Send me $40 and I'll sign you up.

John

You forgot to add the $13 fuel surcharge.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And 8% sales tax if he's in California.

John

I think you better ask Phil Allison. Mike

Reply to
amdx

If Arnold breaks his promise that'll be 9%.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Better sales tax than business income tax.

Buy why do they not put sales tax on services?

John

Dean Florez floated that idea some time ago because they are always on the lookout on how to squeeze out more from people.

First, that would put a big upward trend on inflation. Car mechanic, hairdresser, plumber, it's all an instant 8% inflation.

Second, it would put us at a competitive disadvantage. If I had to slap sales tax on my consulting fees there'd be a for sale sign here and I'd go to Arkansas or some other place. You'd see a major exodus. Some countries like Germany have sales tax on services, even consulting. But the BIG difference is that you as a business could deduct that 1:1 from the sales tax you collect and if you collect less you'll get money. Same if you buy equipment. So it's transparent. Not here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

There is a tax on services in Canada. GST = Goods and Service Tax.

RL

Reply to
legg

Isn't Skybuck on the Membership Committee?

Reply to
mpm