About the subthreshold swing in SOI CMOS

For fully depleted SOI, some book says it can reach a nearly 60mV/Dec swing because its effective gate depletion width is large. What does "effective gate depletion width" mean ? I have only heard of "depletion width" in a bulk CMOS. Is it a unique advantage of SOI ? I am suspicious about it. If the depletion width (Wd) of bulk CMOS can be made big enough, then the control coefficient m=1+3tox/Wd also can approach 1. Thanks for attention

Reply to
Schmit

Hi,

You may refer to this page:

Regards,

KodKodKod Learning Consulting - Here you get the answers

Reply to
kodkodkod

I think I got the answer. Thanks a lot.

Reply to