hall efect switch

i wish to use a hall efect switch as an input to a plc the input voltage to the plc is 24v dc to use such a device will need a switching transisor circuit can anyone advise me I can obtain Honywell devices from RS


Reply to
Loading thread data ...

to make it simple, i would use an opto-isolator. connect the Collector to the 24 vDC> the emitter to the input of the PLC. on the other size, just apply a little current through the diode via a resistor (aprox 470 Ohms)in series from the HallEffect , i am sure the Hall can drive the LED inside enough..

formatting link
look there for that Opto and the PDF file.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.