about linearization techniques

Hi,

i'm searching infomations about linearization techniques for power amplifiers. In particullary i'm searching pratical applications of these :

feed back feed forward digital predistortion EER

and if these techniques are applicated at frequencies over 10 GHz

Thank for your help !

Reply to
searcher

You'll definitely want to pick up a copy of Steve Crpps' "RF Power Amplifier for Wireless Communications" then. It goes over the various topologies in a fair amount of detail, and has plenty of references if you need even more.

As far as I'm aware the major driver for efficient power amplifiers was the cell phone industry that's primarily down in the high UHF/low GHz range, so I doubt there's much commercial gear at 10GHz employing such techniques. However, it's really more the bandwidth of the signals rather than the carrier frequencies that drives the difficulty in implementing these techniques, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them cropping up quickly if any high-volume commercial usage of 10GHz occurs... possibly something like WiMax, but even there 10GHz is rather higher than what's generally proposed.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

--
Please cross-post instead of multi-posting since it makes it easier
for everyone to follow the thread from any of the cross-posted

Joel Koltner ha scritto:

Thanks Joel but

I have already Cripps, Kenington books... I need data about these practical application ( e.g. datasheets ...or similar ) for wcdma,wiMax or other where these linearizations techniques are employed. The same search about SHF (over 10Ghz), but I know that is difficult. I thought about satellites or space but i did'n find datas :(

Thank you

Reply to
searcher

What kind of "data" are you after? Things like tables of power added efficiency for various topologies vs. frequency?

Reply to
Joel Koltner