A3 Laser Printer?

I'd go for an HP business model like this one (dunno if it can print on A3 paper check the specs):

Just type 'laserjet' in Ebay. In HP printers the drum is included in the toner cartridge. So whenever you change the toner cartridge, you replace the drum. I have a Laserjet 5P from 1995 which still works excellent. If think you are better of with a 2nd hand printer aimed at business use with a low page count then a new cheap consumer printer. I get around 4200 prints from an original cartridge which costs me around 40 euro (surplus on Ebay).

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Or some nitwit printed enough color prints for personal use to cover a wall. I've seen that once. While showing total ignorance he asked if there where more cartridges. He had already spend 3 cartridges! He turned a bit pale when we told him the price of a cartridge.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

first one to write a review on this product

Plotters are inkjet technology (for the most part). If you are going to do that, there are plenty of large form factor ink jet printers in the channel that are real gems. Both HP and Epson have gone with more than the std three hues (7 ink tanks and more!)and they are 13+ by 19+ inches. All photo quality and supposedly cheaper ink systems.

Reply to
Mycelium

Plotters can print ANYTHING these days. They are the de facto std for large format work, even in the photo / poster industry.

That is all driver level stuff. ANYTHING you have will print DIRECTLY to a plotter.

They are ink jets.

Reply to
Mycelium

No shit, dumbass.

We all already knew that laser is better than ink.

Inks are getting better, however, laser print engines are much cheaper priced now too.

Tabloid level is still not cheap though.

Reply to
Mycelium

Thanks for the heads up, how ever, that printer will not do A3. :(

Reply to
Jamie

IIRC the 3000 series will do A3.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

If it's occasional find a printing bureau should come to under $.20 per page for walk-in business

Reply to
Jasen Betts