a paractical question (finally)

Does anyone know where to buy those little wire clips (I'm going to have to describe, since I'm not sure what they are called.) They function like alligator clip test leads, except that the "grabber" is a little hook that is spring-loaded and grabs a wire. I bought a version on Amazon, but they are more bulky than I like, and pricey. I work with wire >24 gauge..

Thanks in Advance JB

Reply to
haiticare2011

Minigrabbers. All the good ones have gone away, AFAICT, on account of the cheesy Chinese ones.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

John S

Farnell - now Element 14 and called Newark in the US - have Pomona "micrograbber" clips which might be what you want. You'd have to buy a pack of 10 for about $50.

They also have the Hirschmann equivalent, which costs four times as much, but you can buy one at a time.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The bigger ones are just called grabbers (I think). We buy them from pomona, which is expensive but at least they last for more than a few months.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

sweet, try grabber

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That reminds me, I need to buy wire!

Mouser has the test lead ends, so with some wire you can make up whatever you want. I notice with my leads that the short lifespan is often because of the cheap way that the cheap wire is joined to the clip: just getting a good solder joint at that point (without melting the rest of the clip) often goes a long way toward making things last. Making up clips with nice wire would probably be even better yet.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Something like the Jameco 135299? BNC adapter: Jameco 2113869 or 11464 or 11422? To banana: Jameco 21857 or 21865?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I bought some cheap ones from Dealextreme, for my home lab, U$2.7 for a

10 pack, I have not tested them yet, but they seems ok.

Cheers,

Reply to
Rune

Yes. I got frustrated with the cheap ones breaking at the wire entry/grabber point. I bought the much more expensive ones with the wire molded into the grabber.

Reply to
John S