Need help to identify an miniature microphone (Nagra)

Could someone tell me something more about this particular miniature microphone. I got it from a friend who told me that is was some special microphone for Nagra SNST-R tape recorder (as he was told when he got it from his friend). It used to have a square metal screw-in three pole connector on the other end - but friend of mine cut it and tried to solder it to a standard microphone jack to fit his Sony pocket voice recorder. However, he wasn't satisfied with the sensitivity of this external mic so, continued using built-in and gave this one to me.

As you can see from photos it is quite small, covered with ugly looking black rubber (just to protect it?) Microphone capsule under this rubber coating appears to be 3D rectangle shaped with two narrow cut-outs on the front side.

Can someone tell me something more about this microphone: what kind of type is, sensitivity, how it can be connected to a non-Nagra equipment (my guess it that some power to it has to be supplied?).

Any further info is more than appreciated!

Photos of the microphone could be found at:

Zorpetus

Your links don't work ( for me at least ).

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

It might have something to do with signing in. I'm a "member" of yahoo, and have a cookie, so it recognized me.

There might also be something about the images themselves - when I clicked on the link, my browser (Konqueror) asked what I'd like to open it with.

If your newsreader can attach, put it on news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic and everybody will be able to see it.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Should work... what browser are you using? What does it say: an error message or you can see content of my Yahoo briefcase but nothing happen when you click on mic1 and mic2 images?

Anyway, if you have some suggestion where I can upload those images - please let me know.

Reply to
Zorpetus

I run Mozilla. I have problems with images at Yahoo. It could be AdBlock--but I don't see these listed as blocked. It could be the JavaScript that I have AdBlocked that kills it.

Most times I encounter yimg.com, it's just serving up ads. I've got it AdBlocked. Yahoo serves up ads AND content from yimg.com.

Reply to
JeffM