A Good Read...

We consider you sociopathic wannabe domestic terrorists, 100% willing to outright gun down, torture and murder those who disagree with you. You talk about it constantly.

"Killing is an unsatisfactory solution... I'm more into inflicting pain... it's a longer lasting "reward" >:-}"

See? What a sick puppy.

Reply to
bitrex

Hmm what I hear from my republican friends doesn't scare me. (I don't always agree.) Politicians of all stripes can be scary at times.

OK now you are calling me names. No one wants to be compared to Sloman. :^) Don't paint us all with the same brush.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

No, there is plenty of blame to spread around to the spineless mainstream Republicans, too.

Reply to
krw

That was my thought when I saw her concession speech tonight.

Reply to
krw

most_Always_Do_Better

points out that income inequality in the US has left 99% of the population level-pegging or worse off over the past thirty years.

Donald Trump is a demagogue who promised to address the dissatisfaction of the low-paid and under-employed white working class who've been losing out for most of that time.

He can't deliver what he promised - protectionism isn't going to do what he claims - but he fooled enough of the voters to get in.

The fact that he can't deliver may upset the members of the electoral colle ge who are currently pledged to vote for him, but that would be even more r evolutionary than electing somebody who really isn't up to the job of being president. Reagan wasn't either, but he had a team of puppeteers to make h im look as if he was doing the job, and they kept him looking adequate even as Alzheimer's took hold.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Donald Trump is supposed to be human?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The country is marginally better run when they do but right-wingers do prefer to live in a slum, just as long as their shanties are bigger than those of their left-wing neighbours.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

. Hillary called me a deplorable american. I am very happy that her side does not control the guns at the moment

It's likely to be a relatively brief moment. Electing an isolationist isn't going to do anything good for US international trade, and all those cheap consumer goods that have been keeping poorer Americans happy are going to b e 45% more expensive when Trump imposes a 45% punitive duty on imports from China.

It may revive American production, but investing enough in automatation to enable US products to be sold for less than their Chinese-manufactured equi valents may take a while.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

of the govt. Now my side controls the guns and all you can do to me is cal l me names. I am feeling great because I knew that when Hillary called me deplorable that sooner or later I was going to suffer from the hand of my o wn government.

You still are. Trump is actually going to make you feel worse than Hillary Clinton could ever have managed.

Name calling is easy to put up with than poverty.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

gainst me. Hillary was right there with the irredeemable deplorable stuff

Pointing that a particular group of electors are deplorable isn't any kind of promise to use force against them. If they were deplorably stupid enough to mount an armed insurrection, they would provoke an armed response, but that wasn't what Hillary Clinton was talking about.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Electing Donald Trump was a vote for integrity?

And he didn't sound as if he was going to respect the liberty of Mexican or Muslim immigrants.

And while Donald Trump may have been safely anti-abortion, his respect for the sanctity of life does seem to diminish after birth - getting endorsed by the KKK wasn't a good look.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You may not want to own it, but you may find that giving coercive powers to Donald Trump wasn't the cleverest thing that you could have done.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

t there.

rica's don't

Granting the oceanic extent of Jim Thompson's unplumbed ignorance he may ev en believe that I am more ignorant than he is. He genuinely is deplorably i gnorant, as I've been pointing out here for years.

As far as I can tell, I don't suffer from a superiority complex. I do have a realistic idea of my own strengths and weaknesses, and I'm perfectly happ y with the idea that Jim might be as clever as I am, even if he dropped out of the education system a few years earlier.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The popular vote still puts Hillary 200,000 votes ahead.

Not exactly. Most of them did point out that they were assessing probabilit ies, and that a Trump victory was perfectly possible.

ds. > He has had to battle a fake, corrupt mainstream media, Republican Par ty

who > disrupted his rallies, the globalist politicians in europe and elsew here who > ganged up on him, the 'expert economists' who wrongly predicted a stock

That is happening.

Of course, he did do the demagogue trick of promising an outcome he couldn' t and can't deliver - a revival of manufacturing employment in the rust bel t states of the US.

The main stream media didn't devote enough column inches to pointing out th at he was lying about that, and unemployed ex-manufacturing workers probabl y wouldn't have believed them if they had.

Trump found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that appealed to a pa rticularly gullible demographic. He's going to have to cope with their disa ppointment when he fails to deliver. Demagogues have a nasty habit of going in for foreign adventures when they can't deliver on their domestic promis es - there's a German example that comes to mind.

Still there's always the hope that the electoral college does the job that founding tax evaders claimed to have designed it to do.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Broken promises constitute the difference between patriot and traitor, to that fashion of fascist.

Reply to
bitrex

That fashion of fascist takes the founding tax evaders seriously. If they can accept that Trump really is a demagogue, they could accept that the electoral college was just doing its job in blocking him.

They'd hate it, but they would have to see that the electoral college was being true to a more important promise (not that it's likely to happen).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Human: undoubtedly. Humane: opinions differ.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

No. He has to be an alien lizard in a skin suit. So is Putin. David Icke told me so himself ;-)

Can 12M American citizens really be *that* dumb?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Unfortunately you can delete "Americans" and there will still be too much validity in the question.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Perhaps it's time they both put AMERICA first for a change?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom