9v UNregulated PSU

Hi, chums,

It's good for you for me to be back!

Anyone know of a really simple 9v limited PSU schematic with no regulation and no filtering or owt.?

Reply to
phaedrus

Just a transformer and 1 diode.... But if you're talking quality, then 2 diodes....

Reply to
TTman

That's dumb.

You don't know the input/output current/voltage requirements.

Sheesh.......

Reply to
phaedrus

That's dumb.

You don't know the input/output current/voltage requirements.

Sheesh.......

If you needed to ask the question, it is you that are dumb. Sorry. You asked for no regulation. Therefor it doesn't matter what the current requirement is, etc etc.

Reply to
TTman

Yeah, a 9 V battery.

Reply to
Jamie

Ding ding ding! We have a *winner*! :>

Reply to
D Yuniskis

I was about to post the same reply as Jamie, but he beat me to it.

Reply to
spamrebuff

I've seen some dumb posts on Usenet but this one beats them all - no, not yours, but the OP's starter and his reply to your earlier post. Jeez!

Reply to
spamrebuff

Check..use a Tamura SB12812-1206 (secondaries in series), a Diodes Inc DF01S-T for full wave rectification, and a 100uF 16V capacitor. Oops..you said no filtering, meaning you do not care about how bad the ripple can get..so get rid of the capacitor...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi, chums,

A dumb question DESERVES a dumb answer...

Reply to
Robert Baer

And some of the diodes, like I said :)

Reply to
TTman

*And* the transformer!! Just stick two leads in the air. (Hey, so it goes into foldback current limit at 0.000 microamps... )
Reply to
D Yuniskis

Wet your finger and insert it in your nearest outlet while standing in a puddle of water!

Reply to
Hammy

Oldest son, when was ~3 years old, stuck a bobby pin (shorting) into an outlet. Went off like a flashbulb. Unhurt, fortunately, but he never screwed around with an outlet again ;-) ...Jim Thompson