6V White Noise Circuit

I don't normally want too hot a noise source--something like photocurrent, which can be turned on and off, is just the ticket.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

is

rk

Over what bandwidth?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

turers

sistor.

ut

Tens bucks is not too bad. I'd like to stick a low voltage zener into a TIA, and look at the current noise. I assume the impedance (at some current) is greater than that for a forward biased didoe.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

rs

Yeah You get this random telegraph type signal, With lots more low frequency noise. I posted this 'scope shot in another thread.

A 12 Volt zener near the knee.

Say that reminds me of a noise source I want to make some day. Some low level noise source running into a comparator (adjustable threshold) that triggers a one shot. (short pulse width adjustable height.)

The idea is to demonstrate how shot noise depends on the charge of the electron. Each pulse is an 'electron', the 'charge' is the height of the pulse. You measure the average current and noise and show that a few 'big fat electrons' give more noise than an equal average current of little electrons.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

is

rk

ted text -

That's interesting. Noiser in amplitude or in bandwidth?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ers

,

Well it's simple enough to turn off the bias current of a diode.

I guess the only issue with photocurrent is you have to get the photo from some place.

George H.

t -

Reply to
George Herold

noise

junction

and

increase

route?

the

sure as

Software

Maybe, maybe not. While i am not totally ignorant of such math i suspect i would struggle with a proof either way. I still want to get ahold of Dr. Golds paper on maximally orthogonal PRN codes.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

20 - 50k. Do you think the result (transistor vs diode) is going to change drastically?
Reply to
David Eather