68HC11F1 and external RAM performance

Hi everybody, I am currently working on a 68H11F1 only using the 1kB internal RAM. A so small amount of RAM doesn't allow many evolutions of the software. That's why I am wandering which would be the perfomance drawbacks if I use 4KB external RAM ? Could some of you tell me (our spot me a good doc) about the difference between internal and external RAM access time on a 68HC11F1 ?

Thanks Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Theurer

Thank you very much for your straightforward (and quick) answer.

62256 SRAM seems to suit my needs perfectly. I didn't find out what document your were exactly refering to by "BTW"... Would you mind providing me with an URL ?

Regards Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Theurer

Even the fastest F1 version can still be serviced by cheap SRAMs with no wait states needed. Therefore, there is no speed penalty for using external memory. I don't understand what you mean by "so small amount of RAM doesn't allow many evolutions of the software", though. Take a look at 6116 or 62256 SRAMs and the like. Pretty much commodity items.

Jim

BTW, the datasheet on the part has all of the bus timing information you are asking for.

Reply to
James Beck

&nodeId=01624684498635

Sorry for the line wrap, but it is a long link.

Go down to the datasheet heading.

Reply to
James Beck

Thank you again.