500W / 800W INVERTER

Please could anyone help me, I'm trying to build a 500W/800W Inverter. 12V dc Input with a 220V ac output.Preferably using mosfet's. I would appreciate any input anyone could give me.

Reply to
Sean J

If you are doing this because you need one go buy one. It will lekely cost you less that the parts to build your own.

If you are making this to teach yourself how to do it then:

(1) Decide if you can live with a near square wave or need a sine wave

(2) Decide if you need to handle very bad power factors

(3) Decide if you can stand having the 220V vary with the battery voltage or not.

(4) Decide if you care about how big it is.

If you take the easy way on all of these items, the design is very simple.

Reply to
MooseFET

To add to this post:

Many times I build gadgets because it is fun and I like doing it. If all you can do is BUY everything, you are not really living. For me it is satisfying to actually build some of the stuff I use. And I get most of my parts from the town's recycling center. Yeah, I depend upon the BUYERS of everything who toss what seems not to satisfy them for the moment.

And if it doesn't work, hey, that's life. Press on to the next project.

So don't knock people who want to build something. Give them assistance and credit for their industry.

Al

Reply to
Al

I'd rather fail at making something new than fail at making something I can buy on E*bay for 50 bucks.. :P I pick the lesser of two evils..

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC